IT-Security made in Germany
“ITSMIG” (“IT Security made in Germany”) has been established originally 2005 by the German Federal Ministries of the Interior and of Economics and Technology as well as by representatives of the German IT security industry. As a result of mutual consultations ITSMIG was 2011 connected to TeleTrusT.
The TeleTrusT Working Group “ITSMIG” aims to present IT security products, solutions and services “made in Germany” at national and international level towards industry partners, politics, authorities, organizations and science, by emphasizing particular trustworthiness laid down in criteria that are basis for granting the TeleTrusT Seal.
Thus, the initiative has an export-oriented approach and represents “made in Germany” in connection with IT security in a globalized world. Membership is restricted to entities declaring conformity with the following requirements:
The bearer of the TeleTrusT Seal “IT Security made in Germany” declares that:
1. The company is headquartered in Germany.
2. The company offers trustworthy IT security solutions.
3. No solutions that contain non-declared backdoors are offered.
4. All the company’s IT security research and development are conducted in Germany.
5. The company is compliant with German data protection law.
Further information can be found here.